This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Town Emblem - Names the five areas that make up the town

Do Not Knock Registry

Do Not Knock FAQ

What is the Do Not Knock Registry?
The Do Not Knock registry is a list of residences and businesses at which door-to-door commercial solicitation - an offer to sell or buy goods or property - is prohibited.
How can I sign up for the Do Not Knock Registry?
The best way to sign up is to notify the Town Clerk's office to put your address on the list. You may also email Town Clerk Nicole Begin at or call the Clerk's office at 585-599-4892 ext.102. 
If I sign up for the Registry, will the Town give out my name to solicitors?
No. The solicitors receive a list of addresses only that they are prohibited from approaching. However, Your name is needed only for the Town’s administration of the program.
What should I do if a solicitor knocks on my door after I sign up for the Do Not Knock Registry?
Call the Town of Pembroke at 585-599-4892 ext.102 to report the incident and include as many details about the solicitation as possible. 
What are the penalties if the law is violated?
A person who violates any permitting or other provision of this Local Law shall be punishable by a fine of not less than $500 and/or imprisonment for not more than 15 days, or both. Violators will also have their solicitation permit revoked. 
Will this keep everyone from knocking on my door?
No. Local charitable groups and political candidates and other non-commercial entities have never required a permit to go door-to-door, and are not impacted by this law. Schwan’s is also not included as it is considered an invitation only business. Only commercial, for-profit solicitors are impacted. If you didn't need a permit before, you aren't impacted by this law.  
What if I don't want to be on the Do Not Knock Registry?
The Do Not Knock Registry is entirely voluntary. If you choose not to sign up for the Registry you will be unaffected by this law. 
Who do I contact with additional questions about this law?
Contact the Town Clerk, whose office is in charge of implementing this law, at or call her at 585-599-4892 ext. 102. You can also contact the Town Supervisor at at 585-