This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Town Emblem - Names the five areas that make up the town

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Please check out all that is offered at NYS DEC Website –

Conservation Licenses – Hunting and Fishing License fees set by state. Anyone wishing to purchase a hunting or fishing license over the internet can now do so. You do not need to be an existing customer. To do so, go to –

Mandatory Hunter Education: A hunter education course is required for persons who cannot show proof that they have ever possessed a hunting license. The general course is a minimum 10 hours in length. DEC honors hunter education certificates and sporting licenses from all other states and countries.

Mandatory Bowhunter Education: Hunters wishing to bowhunt for Big Game must take an additional 8 hour minimum bowhunter education course. DEC also honors bowhunter education certificates issued by:

  • National Field Archery Association or National Bowhunter Education Foundation or International Bowhunter Education Program issued in 1974 or later in any state or country,
  • Any state or provincial fish and wildlife agency (certificate or card must specify the course was for bowhunting and not a general hunting course with a bowhunting segment),
  • Ontario Bowhunters Association (on green or brown letterhead stationery with moosehead-bow and arrow emblem until July 31, 1987), or
  • Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (on letterhead after August 1, 1987).

To access current fishing and Hunting/Trapping guidelines